Below are some important Information Items followed by a Sneak Peak at our Week ahead…
A Shout Out to ALL Dads, Happy Father’s Day!
Fathers in Our Lives
We give our thanks, Creator God, for the fathers in our lives.
Fatherhood does not come with a manual, and reality teaches us that some fathers excel while others fail.
We ask for Your blessings for them all and forgiveness where it is needed.
This Father’s Day we remember the many sacrifices fathers make for their children and families, and the ways–both big and small–they lift children to achieve dreams thought beyond reach.
So too, we remember all those who have helped fill the void when fathers pass early or are absent; grandfathers and uncles, brothers and cousins, teachers, pastors and coaches and the women of our families.
Congratulations New JK’s, SK Graduates and Gr. 8 Grads!
It was special on Friday to get to meet our NEW JK Gators! To say they are excited about coming to school next year is an understatment LOL! One little fellow wore his back pack just to do a practice run – very cool!
We are also so very proud of ALL of our #ologawesome students for their resilience and efforts during this challenging 2020-2021 school year!
We took some time on Friday afternoon to start our Grade 8’s Graduation Festivities by delivering signs to them for the lawn, window or balcony – this awesome group of ladies and gentleman are the OLOG Graduating Class of 2021 – You are FANTASTIC and we know you will accomplish great things at St. Mary’s High School and on into the future!
As well, on Friday afternoon, we took a moment to honour our much smaller Gators, our SK Graduates who have completed the Kindergarten Program and are headed for the big leagues, Grade 1.
We know they too are ready for this next important step in their schooling!
Continued blessings and best wishes to ALL of our #GatorStrong students, future students and Grads!
Reminder: Our Official Grade 8 Grad Procession Ceremony takes place this week, Wednesday, June 23rd (6-8 PM).
Congratulations Gr. 8’s! Graduates and Families have a time slot to visit the school for a Special Grad Procession Ceremony (the Rain Date is Thursday, June 24th)
Year End OUTDOOR Teacher Visits, Report Card Distribution and ALL Chromebooks Returned – Mark Your Calendar – Monday, June 28th
Final Student-Teacher Visits – We LOVE Our Students! And Report Cards Handed Out …
As per a previous communication from our director, we will end the school year with a much needed student visit such that our wonderful staff and #ologawesome students can close out the year by saying hello again and also a goodbye for now. These relationships are so very important and it will be wonderful to see them back at OLOG!
As per our director’s recent letter, the last day of Synchronous Online Learning will be Thursday, June 24th.
The students will have asynchronous learning available for them during the last 3 days of the school year to allow for the collection of chromebooks and and distribution of report cards and other important year end procedures.
ALL Chromebooks and Library Books Returned on Monday, June 28th
See Alpha Family Visit Schedule
Monday, June 28th is OLOG Visit Day as we respectfully ask parents to adhere to the schedule below and the following protocols to keep all SAFE:
- Covid-19 Screening before you come – https://covid-19.ontario.ca/school-screening/
- maintain physical distancing 1-2 Meters
- also please wear a mask in case you are near another family while you wait your turn
And like last year we will follow an Alpha Family Visit Schedule and meet our Teachers and Staff at their Exterior Classroom Door or Portable Door.
OLOG Alpha Family Student End of Year Visit, Drop-off and Pick-up Schedule:
|Drop-in Time: Monday, June 28th, 2021||Family Last Name by Alpha|
|9:00 – 10:00 a.m.||A – D|
|10:00 – 11:00 a.m.||E – H|
|11:00 – 12:00 p.m.||I – L|
|1:00 – 2:00 p.m.||M – Q|
|2:00 – 3:00 p.m.||R – V|
|3:00 – 4:00 p.m.||W – Z|
Our upcoming WEEK-at-a-GLANCE …
Monday, June 21st – National Indigenous Peoples Day
- National Indigenous Peoples Day – Please take a moment to honour our Indegenouis Brothers and Sisters by learning more about the beauty of their culture and how it contributes to our Canadian National Identity and rich heritage – Awesome!
- Just 4 days to go – keep up your hard work and learning online Gators – we are proud of your efforts and resilience!
- Remember – Attendance Matters – finish this year strong Gators by checking in with your teachers each day – GREAT!
Tuesday, June 22nd
- REMINDER – Attendance will be taken just like in-school – first thing in the morning shortly after 9:10 – and again – after lunch, shortly after 12:55 PM
Wednesday, June 23rd
- Gator Spirit Wear Day – Rock your School Spirit Wear online or our school colours (Sky Blue)
- Grade 8 Graduation Evening – Congratulations Gr. 8’s! Graduates and Families have a time slot to visit the school for a Special Grad Procession Ceremony (the Rain Date is Thursday, June 24th)
Thursday, June 24th
- Last Day of Synchronous School – or Online Learning – Asynchronous Learning Activities will be posted – the official last day of school is June 29th
Friday, June 25th
- Asynchronous Learning Today and the next 3 school days – June 25th, June 28th & June 29th
Looking Beyond This Week …
Please Mark these dates in your calendar …
- Thursday, June 24th – Last Teacher Synchronous Learning Day of School
- Friday, June 25th – 1st Asynchronous Learning Day
- Monday, June 28th – Outdoor Alpha Family Chromebooks, Library Book Drop-off, Report Cards, and Teacher Visit – please see Family Alpha Schedule above
- Tuesday, June 29th – LAST day of Asynchronous School – Last Day for ALL Chromebooks, charge chords, library books dropped off at the school