Gator Gab – Week at a Glance for Week #23 – Feb. 18th-22nd, 2019
Dance-a-thon a HUGE Success!
Valentines Day was extra special for our Gators in that “DJ Jenn was in the house” and great dance vibes were pumping through the gym all day long! All Gators were allotted a quarter of the day to head down with their class mates and dance and exercise in the name of having fun and for a great cause! Our Dance-a-thon raised a little over $4,000.00 and as communicated, proceeds will go toward our creation of a super cool naturalized play space to replace our aging creative playground equipment. Thanks for your support students and families and thanks School Council for your continued efforts to do great things to benefit ALL within the OLOG School Community!
Gator Community Spirit-meter hits its first Reward Level – Hot Chocolate and Marshmallows – Feb. 25th
We continue to focus on creating a positive school culture that celebrates the many daily acts of kindness that serves to BUILD UP our sense of COMMUNITY – are Gators are awesome and their countless acts of kindness have resulted in us hitting our first Community Reward. Each PomPom – big or small – represent an act of kindness shown to one of our students – AWESOME! When we hit a marker on our Community Spirit-meter – it is important to note that it is to be shared by ALL. We all have a role in shaping our community and is so nice for all to share in the reward! Accordingly, please mark your calendars, Monday, February 25th will be our HOT CHOCOLATE REWARD DAY. We are also very proud to be a SILVER ECO-SCHOOL – an award afforded to us because of our students efforts to reduce, reuse and recycle such that we are mindful to be stewards of our planet. Please send in a safe mug for your child to have hot chocolate on this date. The mug will be rinsed to send back home safely after it is used for this special treat – again, congratulations gators!
Gators Support our Kitchener Rangers – 40 FREE Tickets for game on Sunday, March 3rd vs. Guelph Storm
The WORD is out – we LOVE our Kitchener Rangers! The OLOG Gators have been given 40 FREE Tickets to see our Kitchener Rangers vs the Guelph Storm. The Rangers Organization support our schools and do this with such a great plan in place. A bus will pick us up at 1:15 pm here at the school and take us to the game – then 10 min. following the game – the bus will depart from the Kitchener Auditorium and bring us back to OLOG School (aka the SWAMP)
The Plan for the tickets is as follows – ALL Family Names will be placed in a draw – and then we will draw so that we may find ticket holders for all 40 tickets – 2-3 staff will attend and a small number of parent volunteers may be needed also. Otherwise the hope is to offer as many tickets to the students as possible. If your family is drawn, you will be called to see if this date works for your children. If it does, then all that is needed is a drop off and pick up to OLOG School on that day. More information will be provided to the families drawn. Thanks for your support and GO Rangers.
Below is a peak at our week ahead followed by some important information items – have a wonderful week Gators!
EVENTS FOR THIS WEEK …
Monday, Feb. 18th – Holiday
- Happy Family Day Gators – Plan a FUN Family Activity for the day!
- Reminder – March Pizza Orders – ordering is now available on School Cash Online for March pizza days — be sure to place your orders before the deadline of Tuesday, February 26, 2019 on School Cash Online!
Tuesday, Feb. 19th
- Report Card Envelopes and School Copy Returned Today – please remember to return your child’s envelope (to be used for Term #2) and School Copy of the Report Card
- Intermediate Floor Hockey – Make up Game from Snow Day – Team 1 vs. 4
- Fire Department Visit – Kindergarten Classrooms
Wednesday, Feb. 20th
- Spirit Day – wear your Gator clothing or blue and white to show your school spirit
- Grade 2 Trip – Tour of Blessed Sacrament Church (AM)
- Popcorn Sales for NFL – on sale today and every Wednesday, $1.25 a bag (please bring exact change)
- Junior Floor Hockey – Season has ended – Playoff’s start next week – stay tuned …
- Primary Floor Hockey – last recess
- Homework Club 3:40-4:40
Thursday, Feb. 21st
- Pizza Day Today! For all students who placed an online order for February
- Paper Bag Princess Theater Group in the GYM – 9:30 AM – Very Cool Presentation for ALL JK-Grade 4 students
Friday, Feb. 22nd
- Intermediate Floor Hockey – Make-up Game from Dance-a-thon – Team 2 vs. 3
- Reminder – MONDAY is HOT CHOCOLATE AND MARSHMALLOW REWARD DAY – we are an Eco-school so remember to pack a safe mug to bring to school to enjoy this wonderful treat on a cold winter day!
LOOKING AHEAD BEYOND THIS WEEK …
- School Wide Hot Chocolate treat – Monday, February 25th
- March pizza orders due on School Cash Online by February 26th
- Reconciliation in the GYM – for Gr. 3-8 – February 27th
- Grade 2 and Grade 7’s to Shades Mill – March 1st
- Ranger Game – March 3rd – 40 tickets – Families will be drawn to see if the students can use the tickets
- Shrove Tuesday or Pancake Day Tuesday, March 5th
- Ash Wednesday March 6th – LENT 2019 Begins …
- March Break – March 11-15th
- Sacrament of First Reconciliation for Gr. 2’s 6:30 PM @ Blessed Sacrament Church
- OLOG Fiction Festival – March 22nd
- Grade 3’s at Shades Mill – March 26th
- School Council Meeting @ 6:30 pm – March 26th