Gator Gab – Week at a Glance for Week #26 – Mar. 18th-22nd, 2019
Below is a peak at our week ahead followed by some important information items – have a wonderful week Gators!
EVENTS FOR THIS WEEK …
Happy St. Patrick’s Day Gators!
St. Patrick spent the majority of his life helping the people of Ireland learn about Christianity and God’s LOVE for them. Irish folklore tells that one of his teaching methods included using the shamrock to explain the Christian doctrine of the Trinity to the Irish people. After devoting most of his life to spreading the gospel, he died on March 17, 461. Becoming the day that we later celebrate St. Patrick’s day! The phrase “the wearing of the green”, meaning to wear a shamrock on one’s clothing, and living out the gospel. We hope you enjoyed “the wearing of the green” today and had a Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
Lent 2019 – Alms-giving – Thanks for your Generosity Gators and thanks for going the extra mile Mr. Amorim!
Our heartfelt thanks goes out to the students and families at OLOG for their generosity as we begin the season of Lent. We are tallying all donations and will announce the final total by the end of the week. All proceeds go to the SVDP at Blessed Sacrament as we appreciate the great work they do to help those families in need within our community – Thanks SVDP! And thanks Mr. Amorim for going above and beyond on Wacky Hair Day for such a great cause!
WCDSB Budget Survey – We need your HELP to inform decision making for 2019-2020 School Year
Please find attached the link to the 2019-2020 budget survey. The survey should take about 10 minutes to complete. The Board values input from stakeholders and your feedback helps ensure that budgets are aligned according to the Board, school and stakeholder needs.
The survey will be open until March 27th, 2019. The survey results will be made available after they have been presented to the Board’s Budget Advisory Committee.
Thank you very much for taking the time to respond to the survey.
OLOG School Climate Survey 2019 – Thanks for sharing your VOICE!
The Administration dates for all surveys is from March 18th – April 5th, 2019. This email contains important information related to the administration of all 3 of the School Climate Surveys you are asked to administer at Our Lady of Grace.
- All Staff will be invited to participate in the Ministry Developed survey
- All parents/guardians will be invited to participate in the Ministry Developed survey The link is below and we appreciate you adding your VOICE to help us understand our school community strengths and next steps … the link is below
All WCDSB students between grades 4 through 12 will be invited to complete the Middle Years Development Instrument (MDI survey. This is an ANONYMOUS survey and we truly value each student voice!
NOTE: As this survey is anonymous, we hope to have all Gr. 4-8 students participate as each voice matters! That said, we will respect your wishes if you do NOT wish that your child participate – a non-consent letter is attached below – simply print and send in or send a note to your child’s teacher to request a hard copy or call the office, and it will be sent home to you – thanks for working with our school team for the benefit of our school community! These forms are due by Wednesday, March 20th.
Monday, Mar. 18th
- Welcome Back Gators! First day back after March Break
- Primary Floor Hockey – last recess
- Homework Club – 3:40 – 4:40
- OLOG School Climate Survey OPENS Today – starts today until April 5th – Students, Parents and Staff
- URL for Parent School Climate Survey @ Our Lady of Grace: https://wcdsb.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_8A2BYWebSfj90Ed?school=LGR
Tuesday, Mar. 19th
- April Pizza Orders – don’t forget to place your order on School Cash Online for April pizza days (deadline is March 26, 2019)
- Intermediate Floor Hockey Play-offs Lunch Recess
Wednesday, Mar. 20th
- Spirit Day – wear your Gator clothing or blue and white to show your school spirit
- Choir Practice – lunch recess in the library
- Popcorn Sales for NFL – on sale today and every Wednesday, $1.25 a bag (please bring exact change)
- Primary Floor Hockey – last recess
- Homework Club 3:40-4:40
- Sacrament of Reconciliation for Gr. 2’s – 6:30 PM @ Blessed Sacrament Church – Congratulations!
Thursday, Mar. 21st
- Pizza Day Today! For all students who placed an online order for March
- Junior Floor Hockey Play-offs Lunch Recess
Friday, Mar. 22nd
- OLOG Fiction Festival – We look forward to a SUPER Day of Imagination and our collective Celebration of READING!
LOOKING AHEAD BEYOND THIS WEEK …
- School Climate Survey OPEN from March 18-April 5th … https://wcdsb.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_8A2BYWebSfj90Ed?school=LGR
- Grade 3’s at Laurel Creek – March 26th
- School Council Meeting @ 6:30 pm – March 26th
- Immunization Suspension Pupil Act Day – March 27th
- Safety Village – Gr. 5/6 and Gr. 6 classes – March 29th
- Confirmation Retreat Day – Gr. 7s (April 4, 2019)
- Sacrament of Confirmation – 2 pm Blessed Sacrament Church on April 6th
- Gr. 7 Immunizations – April 10th
- PD Day – April 12th
- Good Friday – NO School – April 19th
- Easter Monday – NO School – April 22nd