Gator Gab – Week at a Glance for Week #27 – Mar. 25th-29th, 2019
Below is a peak at some important information items followed by our Week ahead …
Gator “Fiction Festival” – WOW!
In a word, WOW! What a great way to end the week with guest readers in the classrooms, reading to our students! The students were dressed like their favourite fictional character and books really came to life as the students walked the halls! This annual OLOG Tradition is so very special and the energy, enthusiasm and excitement is growing. This special event not only allows to celebrate our love of reading and how magical a great book can be but as well, enables us to celebrate our wonderful students and school community! All of our Guest Readers who visited Our Lady of Grace Catholic Elementary School OR the SWAMP (as we affectionately call our Gator Home), were so very impressed and shared their kind words about our community – a shout out to all of our Gator Students and Staff!
As well a HUGE THANKS goes out to Mrs. Weinhardt (our AWESOME Library Technician) and Mrs. Manley who worked very hard behing and in front of the scenes not only on the day of the event but weeks in advance in preparation – THANKS Mrs. Weinhardt and Mrs. Manley for organizing this special event and to ALL Staff for pitching in whenever and wherever needed – it was truly a celebration of our entire school community!
Are You Moving?
If you are moving over the summer, please let the office know as soon as possible. Next year’s enrollment numbers are frequently requested and submitted to the Board at this time of year so that the number of classrooms required for Our Lady of Grace can be determined. Thank you keeping us up-to-date!
WCDSB Budget Survey – We need your HELP to inform decision making for 2019-2020 School Year
Please find attached the link to the 2019-2020 budget survey. The survey should take about 10 minutes to complete. The Board values input from stakeholders and your feedback helps ensure that budgets are aligned according to the Board, school and stakeholder needs.
The survey will be open until March 27th, 2019. The survey results will be made available after they have been presented to the Board’s Budget Advisory Committee.
Thank you very much for taking the time to respond to the survey.
OLOG School Climate Survey 2019 – PARENTS, Thanks for sharing your VOICE!
The Administration dates for all surveys is from March 18th – April 5th, 2019. This email contains important information related to the administration of all 3 of the School Climate Surveys you are asked to administer at Our Lady of Grace.
- All parents/guardians will be invited to participate in the Ministry Developed survey The link is below and we appreciate you adding your VOICE to help us understand our school community strengths and next steps … the link is below
All WCDSB students between grades 4 through 12 will be invited to complete the Middle Years Development Instrument (MDI survey. This is an ANONYMOUS survey and we truly value each student voice! Parents, Staff and Student Voice!
EVENTS FOR THIS WEEK …
Monday, Mar. 25th
- Primary Floor Hockey Playoffs (Kitchener Rangers v. Guelph Storm) – lunch recess
- Homework Club – 3:40 – 4:40
- OLOG School Climate Survey – continues until April 5th – Students, Parents and Staff
- URL for Parent School Climate Survey @ Our Lady of Grace: https://wcdsb.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_8A2BYWebSfj90Ed?school=LGR
Tuesday, Mar. 26th
- April Pizza Orders – today is the LAST day for you to place your order on School Cash Online for April pizza days
- Grade 3’s Laurel Creek trip
- School Council Meeting tonight is CANCELLED and will be Postponed – New Date TBD
Wednesday, Mar. 27th
- Spirit Day – wear your Gator clothing or blue and white to show your school spirit
- Immunization Suspension Pupil Act Day
- WCDSB Parent Budget Survey ends today – thanks for your help!
- Popcorn Sales for NFL – on sale today and every Wednesday, $1.25 a bag (please bring exact change)
- Homework Club 3:40-4:40
Thursday, Mar. 28th
- Pizza Day Today! For all students who placed an online order for March
- Primary Floor Hockey Playoffs (London Knights v. Hamilton Bulldogs) – lunch recess
Friday, Mar. 29th
- Safety Village – Gr. 5/6 and Gr. 6 classes
LOOKING AHEAD BEYOND THIS WEEK …
- School Climate Survey OPEN FOR PARENTS from March 18-April 5th … https://wcdsb.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_8A2BYWebSfj90Ed?school=LGR
- Confirmation Retreat Day – Gr. 7’s (April 4, 2019)
- Sacrament of Confirmation – 2 pm Blessed Sacrament Church on April 6th
- Gr. 7 Immunizations – April 10th
- PD Day – April 12th
- Good Friday – NO School – April 19th
- Easter Monday – NO School – April 22nd
- School Council Meeting – 6:30 p.m. in the library