Gator Gab – Week at a Glance for Week #28 – Apr. 1st-5th, 2019
Below is a peak at some important information items followed by our Week ahead …
Nutrition for Learning
Classrooms are better place to learn when students have access to the food and nutrition they need. As you are aware, Our Lady of Grace is supported by the Nutrition for Learning program every morning. Donations of food from local companies and monetary donations allow this organization to offer this valuable resource to your children. On Monday, we are sending home postcards on behalf of the program and asking for a $2 donation. We are collecting donations just this week so will end on Friday, April 5th. All money raised directly impacts our school’s Nutrition for Learning program! We are so blessed that each and every student has the opportunity to have breakfast each day if they are hungry! Thank you for your support and thanks NFL (Nutrition For Learning)!
OLOG School Climate Survey 2019 – PARENTS, Thanks for sharing your VOICE!
The Administration dates for all surveys is from March 18th – April 5th, 2019. This email contains important information related to the administration of all 3 of the School Climate Surveys you are asked to administer at Our Lady of Grace.
- All parents/guardians will be invited to participate in the Ministry Developed survey The link is below and we appreciate you adding your VOICE to help us understand our school community strengths and next steps … the link is below
All WCDSB students between grades 4 through 12 will be invited to complete the Middle Years Development Instrument (MDI survey. This is an ANONYMOUS survey and we truly value each student voice! Parents, Staff and Student Voice!
Does your child want to try baseball? K-W Minor Softball Association Registrations are OPEN
For those students, ages 4-19 interested in playing softball during the summers, please click on the attached link for further registration information.
EVENTS FOR THIS WEEK …
Monday, Apr. 1st
- Nutrition for Learning – postcards are being sent home with students today — donations for this program will be collected until Friday of this week.
- Homework Club – 3:40 – 4:40
Tuesday, Apr. 2nd
- School-wide Lenten Resurrection Eggs begins
Wednesday, Apr. 3rd
- Spirit Day – wear your Gator clothing or blue and white to show your school spirit
- Popcorn Sales for NFL – on sale today and every Wednesday, $1.25 a bag (please bring exact change)
- Homework Club 3:40-4:40
Thursday, Apr. 4th
- Pizza Day Today! For all students who placed an online order for April
- Confirmation Retreat Day – Gr. 7’s @ Blessed Sacrament Church today
Friday, Apr. 5th
- Nutrition for Learning – postcard donations due by today. Thank you for your generosity!
- Last Day for School Climate Survey – Thanks for participating in our survey!
LOOKING AHEAD BEYOND THIS WEEK …
- Sacrament of Confirmation – 2 pm Blessed Sacrament Church on April 6th
- Gr. 7 Immunizations – April 10th
- Re-scheduled School Council Meeting – April 10th @ 6:30 p.m.
- PD Day – April 12th
- Good Friday – NO School – April 19th
- Easter Monday – NO School – April 22nd
- School Council Meeting – April 30th @ 6:30 p.m. in the library
- Jump Rope/Hoops for Heart – Kick-Off Assembly – May 3rd
- Catholic Education Week – starts May 5th
- Family Mass at Blessed Sacrament – May 7th @ 6:30 p.m.
- Folk Dance Festival – May 9th @ 7:00 p.m. (Kitchener Auditorium)
- Easter Mass at Blessed Sacrament – May 10th @ 10:15 a.m.
- Intermediate Co-ed Soccer Tournament – May 14th @ RIM Park
- Jump Rope/Hoops for Heart Event – May 15th
- Crowning of Mary School Liturgy – May 17th @ 10:45 a.m. in Gym
- Victoria Day Holiday – May 20th – NO School
- Welcome to Kindergarten Night – May 21st @ 6:30 p.m.
- Grade 7 Day at St. Mary’s – May 23rd
- School Council Meeting – May 28th @ 6:30 p.m.
- PD Day – May 31st – No School