Gator Gab – Week at a Glance for Oct. 1-5th, 2018
Below is a peak at our week ahead followed by some important information items – have a great week Gators!
Week #5 – Oct. 1-5, 2018
Monday, Oct. 1st
- Orange Shirt Day – Every Child Matters – Learning from our History and never to repeat how Aboriginal Children were treated – Wear ORANGE today to show your support!
- Thanksgiving Food Drive continues! Please continue to bring in items to support those in need and thanks for helping us make a difference! We will work through Blessed Sacrament Church to support as many families in our community as needed – Thanks for your kindness and generosity! Lets BURY the Gator!
Tuesday, Oct. 2nd
- Pepperette Fundraiser – We love them in our lunches or as a snack! Please support our Gators by purchasing some Pepperettes for your family from our students – A Letter and Order Form will be coming home today from School Council for more information regarding our Pepperette fundraiser! Thanks!
- Gr. 2 First Communion Parent Meeting 7:00 PM @ Blessed Sacrament Church
Wednesday, Oct. 3rd
- Gator Spirit Day! Break out your Gator T-shirts and Royal Blue Colours …
- Walk to School Day – get caught up in the movement – walk to school with friends and family!
- Grade 7 Sacrament of Confirmation Parent Meeting 7:00 PM @ Blessed Sacrament Church
Thursday, Oct. 4th
- First Pizza Day today! For all students who placed an online order. If you missed it, stay tuned for our CashonLine reminders to sign up for the month of November
- LOCKDOWN Drill #1 – Students did an awesome job on their FIRE Drills last week and we will have 1 Lockdown Drills this week and a 2nd one later in the year – thanks teachers and parents for helping our students understand the importance of school safety drills!
Friday, Oct. 5th
- Opening School Mass – 10:45 a.m. in the Gym. Welcome – Please join us if your schedule permits.
LOOKING AHEAD – Beyond this week
- Monday, October 8th, 2018 – Thanksgiving Day. Enjoy time with your families today – NO SCHOOL!
- Food Drive ENDS Wednesday, October 10th.
- First School Council Meeting of 2018-19 will be Tues., October 16th @ 6:30 in the Library – See you there
- WCDSB Pilgrim Cross Arrives at OLOG – Oct. 17th (AM) – handed off to us from Msgr. Haller
- School Picture Day (October 24)
- PD Day – October 26th
- Progress Reports Go Home Nov. 6th
- Parent-Teacher Interviews Nov. 8th
- PA Day Nov. 16th
- Gr. 8’s at Mount Mary Spiritual Retreat Nov. 28-30th
Terry Fox Community Effort was AWESOME! Great Work GATORS!
Our students learned and wanted to walk for a reason … Too many of us know someone fighting cancer and when asked, our students said that they are walking or running for … their parents, uncles, aunts, grandparents, Terry Fox and each other! The afternoon was very cool and they surpassed their goal of $600 raised. Our final totals are in – our Gators:
TOGETHER we collected 3858 Popsicle Sticks (each Popsicle stick represented 250 meters so 4 popsicle sticks was 1 KM)
TOGETHER we walked/ran 964.5 KM – past Sudbury on our way to Thunderbay
TOGETHER we raised $631.45 for the Tery Fox Foundation
LET’S SUPPORT ST. MARY’S HIGH SCHOOL!!
St. Mary’s High School has entered the Aviva Community Fund competition with plans to transform the tennis surface with a Mateflex court system. This multipurpose court will be suitable for basketball, tennis, ball hockey, pickleball and a variety of other community events. This facility will be accessible to a wide range of user groups where everyone can gather, play, and learn.
Please visit the St. Mary’s High School website and click on “Aviva Community Fund” for instructions on how to vote. https://stmary.wcdsb.ca/
Voting takes place from Tues. Sept 25 to Oct. 4 5:00 p.m. Log on once to vote 10 times for the “Community Legacy Multi-Purpose Court for all Users“. The top 10 ideas by votes advance to the Judging Round where 3 will receive $100,000. The other 7 receive $15,000. Winners are announced in November.
Please forward this information to your friends and family and encourage them to vote. Where Kindness Matters, Community Grows! Thank-you for helping!