Below are some important Information Items followed by a Sneak Peak at our Week ahead…
OLOG Joins our Cdn. Hero Terry Fox in our Fight Against Cancer – Sept. 17th
Our Gator Staff and Students are working together to support all those family and community members who are fighting cancer … past, present and future.
We are asking for a TWOONIE Donation per student/staff to support Terry and our united fight against cancer – a donation form will be posted on School Cash Online this week!
Ms. Farrell will be organizing this event to take place on Friday, September 17th (our Rain Date will be Thursday, Sept. 16th) and students will walk/run – at an age and fitness appropriate level (the goal is participation and action for a great cause) – such that we unite with others across the country to honour this Canadian Hero and the important work he started!
Thanks for your kindness and generosity Gators and for rolling up the sleeves and tightening up the sneakers to lend a hand!
Mandatory Screening & Operational Guidelines for our SAFE Return to School
Blessed Sacrament News – Sacrament Make-up Dates for our Current Gr. 3’s and Gr. 8’s who missed their date last year – Thanks Father Larry and Father Pavel!
Attention Gr. 3 and Gr. 8 parents who already registered with the Blessed Sacrament Parish Office last year, please see the NEW Sacrament make-up dates for last years Gr.2’s and Gr. 7’s re ensuring we get to celebrate these wonderful milestones in their faith journey …
Current Gr. 3 Students – will receive Gr. 2 Sacrament of Reconciliation missed last year on – Wed., Oct. 20th @ 7 PM
Current Gr. 3 Students – will receive Gr. 2 Sacrament of First Holy Communion missed last year on – Saturday, October 30th @ 3:00 PM
Current Gr. 8 Students – will receive Gr. 7 Sacrament of Reconciliation missed last year on – Saturday, October 30th @ 1:00 PM
Reminder: School Cash Online
Important School Start-up Forms for Parents to Complete
|If you are NOT registered for School Cash Online please sign up NOW!|
Not sure how to sign up or use School Cashonline? Not to worry, it is easy! Please see the instructions below …
|School Cash Online Register and Login Instructions|
There will also be mandatory school start-up forms posted in School Cash Online for you to complete.
- These ensure participation in extra-curriculars with regard to parent consent, as well as helping the office stay up to date with all of the necessary information relating to your child and life at school.
- We are collecting $3.00 to support the cost of an agenda for each student. Our amazing School Parent Council pays the remainder of the cost of this agenda as our fundraising always goes toward improving the opportunities for our students at OLOG School – Thanks Council!
- Please sit down one evening during the first 1-2 weeks and complete all necessary forms so that we may have a super start to a successful year – thanks!
WCDSB Student Census – Student Voice Matters! Gr. 4-12
|Please find attached information regarding the upcoming student census – this will allow all students in Graddes 4-8 an opportunity to share their voice as it relates to building better school communities in Ontario and the WCDSB. The survey is completely anonymous and students can complete as much of it as they feel comfortable in doing … again, it is about know how they feel during these challenging times so that we can support with their voice in mind – great!
Please see some information relating to the survey below and do not hesitate to contact the school or your teacher, if you have any concerns or questions … thanks!
CSAC: OLOG Catholic School Advisory Council Meeting #1 – Sept. 21st, 2021
|The Our Lady of Grace Catholic School Advisory Council – CSAC (formerly OLOG School Council) is a group of volunteer parents, guardians, community members, teachers and administrators committed to making our school a great place to learn and grow! The council sees family involvement as one of its main priorities and is committed to welcoming parents into the Gator community by increasing communication, removing barriers, and creating opportunities to get involved! Meetings are from 6:30 p.m.-8:00 p.m. and we will begin this year by holding them virtually via Teams Meetings. The initial meeting of the 2021/2022 council will be held Tuesday, September 21st, 2021
If you would like to be a regularly participating member of the advisory council please complete the CSAC Member Form attached below and either email it to email@example.com or send it in with your child to be handed in at the office … thanks for your consideration and support! Note: Parents can participate as “Members at Large” if they do not wish to hold a formal council position in their first year, please just indicated this on the form when you send it in … thanks!
LUNCH Hour Reminders At OLOG School
Just a reminder that the LUNCH Hour can be a very busy time of day in all school communities. Students are given the first 20 min. to eat their lunch and then look forward to changing shoes, throwing on a hoody and getting outside to play with their friends.
We ask that students and parents continue to send lunches in back packs each morning – and minimize dropping off lunches at school in that often the student must come from a portable or another location in order to retrieve the lunch and then are rushed to return to class, eat and to get outside on time. A birthday or special instance may be an exception but regular visitors to the school during this time of Covid-19 Protocols and Screening for Symptoms is something everyone is trying to avoid re safety. As well, staff supervision and time at lunch is important to maintain safety.
The office may be temporarily closed at lunch – if I am needed to supervise outside. Just leave a message and your call will be returned after 1:00 PM. A SIGN is posted on the front door and if it is an emergency, just use the side walk adjacent to the parking lot and walk around to the fence, simply gesture to a staff adult supervisor and we will be happy to assist.
Finally, during this time of Covid-19 heightened safety, our older students are NOT permitted to head off property to MacDonald’s or restaurants on a regular basis – as their interaction with others can create potential safety risks and implies the need for another screening … again, on a birthday with a parent is a wonderful special occasion but we will need to refrain from all other instances so that we can maintain safety protocols at this time – please reach out to me if you have questions or concerns and thanks for your understanding and support!
And GOOD NEWS – PIZZA DAYS are RETURNING 1X per week – they will be starting soon and this is a super nice treat for the students (and families) re a FUN LUNCH one day per week – awesome! Make sure you are signed up on School Cash Online!
Important Safety Reminder – Bus Loading Zone
NOTE: Parking and Drop-off/Pick-up Safety does NOT occur directly in front of the school on Gracefield Crescent
A reminder that between 8:50 and 4:00, there is no stopping, dropping off or parking directly in front of the school on Gracefield Crescent.
The diagram above shows “white arrows” wherein as long as you pay attention to the signs, parking on the right side of the street on the straight way, is permitted if absolutely necessary.
The safety of our student walkers and students boarding buses are critical and we know safety matters to you too! Consider walking together from or parking a short distance from the school on a nearby street and walking to the school together – this is healthy, safe and a great way to interact with your child to start and end the day!
Reminder #1: ALL students who live close enough to the school are able to walk.
Reminder #2: ALL students who live a further distance from the school are provided with transportation on one of our 3 big yellow buses directly to our front door and home again.
Reminder #3: So parents driving to the school are choosing to do so and must park a safe distance away from the school and then walk their child up to the school, such that we can be safe.
Reminder #4: The City of Kitchener Parking Enforcement Officer Patrols Gracefield Crescent regularly and a parking ticket in front of the school is $80.00 – this speaks to how important this safety measure is directly in front of our school in the bus zone and student traffic zone … so remember to be safe and park in a city approved and safe place a distance from the school.
Thanks for your understanding and support and we look forward to a wonderful first week of school with our gator students back at school!
Mr. Dinner and the OLOG Staff Team
Our upcoming WEEK-at-a-GLANCE …
Monday, September 13th
- ALL Gators are at School Today FULL- TIME – JK/SK’s to Gr. 8 – ALL are at school – AWESOME!
Tuesday, September 14th
- Covid-19 Screening Form sent home with ALL Students this week
Wednesday, September 15th
- Spirit Wear Day – get caught wearing your Gator Spirit Wear or our School Colours (Sky Blue) – Note: Spirit Wear will be on sale soon – stay tuned!
- Did you remember to sign your Covid-19 Screening Form and send it back to school? Please do this today and every morning for next 2 weeks – thanks!
Thursday, September 16th
- OLOG Terry Fox Divisional Walk/Run (Rain Date if Friday is an Inclement Weather Day)
- Is your child feeling great today? Remember to follow the prompts in the screening tool to check https://covid-19.ontario.ca/school-screening/ … and sign your Covid-19 Screening Form and send it back to school
Friday, September 17th
- Birthday’s Called for this week – a special Happy Birthday to ALL Gator’s with a birthday this coming week!
- Is your child feeling great today? Remember to confirm on the OLOG Screening Form … just follow the prompts in the screening tool to check https://covid-19.ontario.ca/school-screening/
- OLOG Terry Fox Divisional Walk/Run – Thanks Ms. Farrell for organizing this special event for our students and families to lend a hand to fight cancer!
Looking Beyond This Week …
Please Mark These Dates In Your Calendar …
- Friday, Sept. 17th – Terry Fox Walk/Run at OLOG – Twoonies for Terry – Please bring a twoonie to support our collective Fight Against Cancer (possible rain date Thursday, September 16th)
- Tuesday, Sept. 21st – First CSAC Meeting – 6:30-8:00 PM
- Monday, Sept. 27th – Fire Drill Week – Our Gator Staff and Students will practice 3 Fire Drills – it is good to practice to be safe at home and at school!
- Sept. 30th – Orange Shirt Day – because “Every Child Matters!”
- October 8 – PA Day
- October 11 – Thanksgiving
- November 18 – Progress Report Card Distribution
- November 19 – PA Day
- November 25 – Parent-Student-Teacher Conferences
- December 20 – Christmas Break Begins
- January 3 – Back to School 2022
- January 21- PA Day
- February 17 -Term 1 Report Card Distribution
- February 21 – Family Day
- March 2 – Ash Wednesday
- March 14-18 March Break
- April 8 – PA Day
- May 2-6 Catholic Education Week
- June 3 – PA Day
- June 27 -Term 2 Report Card Distribution Date
- June 29 -Last Day of School